Complaint Examination and Dispute Resolution Policy of Assurances Groupe Vézina
Purpose of the Policy
The purpose of a complaint examination and dispute resolution policy is to set up a free and equitable procedure for dealing with complaints.
This policy explains our complaints examination process.
The Person in Charge of Complaints
Mr. Dominic Vézina and Madam Véronique Viau are the person who is in charge of applying this policy and ensuring that complaints received by Assurance Groupe Vézina are examined in accordance with said policy.
Mr. Vézina and Madam Viau acts as the respondents with the Autorité des marches financiers (the Authority), and trains our staff. He and she provides staff with the necessary information for compliance with this policy.
The persons in charge are also responsible for:
- delivering an acknowledgment of receipt and notice to the complainant;
- transferring the file to the Authority, at the complainant’s request;
- filing a report twice a year with the Authority using the Complaint Reporting System (CRS).
For the purposes of this policy, a complaint is the expression of at least one of the following three elements:
- A reproach against the registrant;
- The identification of real or potential harm that a consumer has sustained or may sustain;
- A request for remedial action.
Dissatisfaction or Concern
Informal steps to correct a specific problem or to obtain information are not considered a complaint, provided the problem is resolved as part of our firm’s normal activities.
First, the complainant is encouraged to contact his/her representative or the customer service department by phone 1 800-360-6880 or by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 5th, 2018